Posted by shivamkesari
There are instances of tweets, Facebook posts, news feeds, videos activities and other similar media gupshups done by celebrities. These trend is particularly followed just before release of their movies or immediately after the release. Many times its no more than a movie’s promotion box and fades out. I do respect and support their initiatives and moves in this direction but please make it on regular basis not just for commercial purpose.
From my archive found something which I had penned down when ‘My Choice’ video of Deepika Padukone was circulating in media. We don’t know how much impact that video made on patriarchal society but its for sure the actress and its subject faded into oblivion.
My version of ‘My Choice’ is based on what choices do women from a town, villages aspires for. These aspirations are entirely distinct from aspirations of our celebrities and rare effort is made by the society to ensure them freedom of their choices.
The list is not exclusive and many more choices may be added…
1. My Choice not to marry a person who demands Dowry.
2. My Choice to move out of Parda and do a job and not domestic chores.
3. My Choice to marry a person inferior or superior than me or not marry at all.
4. My choice to say no for consent to have physical relationship.
5. My Choice to have my own surname.
6. My choice to wear what I wish.
7. My choice to roam & move where I want and whatever time I wish.
7. My choice to have/bear my child no matter of her/his gender or to not bear at all.
8. My Choice to claim for paternal property.
9. My Choice to get divorced if marriage relationship is no more peaceful.
10. My choice not to leave my maternal home after marriage.
11. My Choice to join armed forces in full commission.
12. My Choice to compete with men all around.
13. My Choice to talk about menstruation openly.
14. My Choice to run home business and work on the farm.
15. My Choice not to fast or ask husband to fast with me in religious occasions.
Miss Deepika, the video My Choice of you can’t be appreciated aloud for whole woman in India. Issues you raised was just for few woman of highly advanced westernised world and no where can be connected to woman of India.
You were paid to act.
If you really want to empower women in India then at least move out of your comfort zone and visit a village to know the problem.
99 of you may bring a change in at least 99 villages with just stepping in the village.
Its was ur choice to be paid to promote adultery which is illegal and you did it and its my choice to criticise you.